Alaskans are working their tails off to bring focus and attention to the stonewalling of the Troopergate investigation by Palin and the McCain campaign. We’ve organized and pulled together the largest rally in the history of the state. We’ve gotten thousands of names on a petition. We’ve delivered the petition to the Governor’s office. We know there is information that needs to get out!
Stephen Branchflower has been interviewing many people concerning the firing of Walt Monegan from the position of Commissioner of the Dept. of Public Safety, and concerning Palin’s alleged abuse of power in several areas of government. All Americans have a right to know the findings of this investigation before they cast their vote on November 4th. This is no longer just an issue for Alaskans.
So many of you have been asking, “What can I do?” Here’s your answer. Your homework, should you choose to accept it, is to write one letter about why you want the Branchflower Report accepted and released to the public once it has been received by the Legislative Council. It doesn’t have to be long. It just has to urge the members of the Council to vote to release the report. Once you’ve got your letter, save it. Then email it to the 14 members of the Legislative Council below. (Sorry…You’ll have to cut & paste…I cannot put an email link in the post).
In the subject line of your email, remind them about the Countdown to Truth. “9 Days”, “8 Days”, “7 Days” and so on, until October 10th.
All of the members of the Legislative Council who were present at the last meeting have already voted to do the right thing once. These people are under tremendous pressure to vote against the release of this report. They need our support, and they need to be reminded that this issue is important not only to Alaskans, but to all Americans.
Have at it Mudflatters!
Countdown to Truth: October 1 thru 10
The Branchflower Report on the independent “” investigation is due to the Legislative Council .
Alaskans for Truth has been informed that the members of the Legislative Council have been put under incredible pressure by the McCain Campaign to VOTE AGAINST releasing the report to the public.
The Legislative Council MUST accept and release to the public the final report from Independent Investigator, Stephen Branchflower. All Americans have the right to know the results of this ethics investigation.
What we can do: TAKE ACTION!
· Starting Wednesday, October 1st email and/or call all 14 members of the State Legislative Council each day! (contact information listed below)
· Respectfully urge the legislators to stand up for truth and vote YES to accept Branchflower’s report and make it available to the people!
· Alaskans, call and email the legislators from your districts. Send the message that you expect them to support the Legislative Council’s investigation and reject the McCain campaign’s attempt to stonewall the democratic process!
The McCain campaign is attempting to stonewall, subvert, and remove the Legislative Council’s investigative rights through lies, smears, and legal wrangling.
KNOW THE FACTS and include them in your emails and phone calls:
LIE: The State Legislative Council is a group of partisan Democrats.
· Ten Republicans and four Democrats are voting members of the State Legislative Council.
· All Council members who were present (eight Republicans and four Democrats) voted unanimously to hire Stephen Branchflower, a former prosecutor, to investigate possible wrongdoing by the Governor’s office
SMEAR: Walt Monegan was fired for poor job performance.
· Sarah Palin has changed her explanations as often as she changes her shade of lipstick. Since July, she has claimed that a) she didn’t fire Walt Monegan — he quit, b) she did fire Walt Monegan but it was only in order to go a “new direction,” c) she claimed it was for poor job performance; and the latest one d) Walt Monegan is insubordinate and a rogue cop. She seems unable to make up her mind.
· Walt Monegan has a record of 30 years of exemplary public service to the State of Alaska, including his role as of Commissioner of AK Dept. of Public Safety.
LEGAL WRANGLING: Talis Colberg, on the advice of the McCain campaign, has filed suit to quash legislative subpoenas.
FACT: This is an attempt by Colberg to protect himself from the consequences of his blatant and possibly illegal intrusion in the legislative investigation, and to prevent the release of the Branchflower report!
Urge our lawmakers to accept Steve Blanchflower’s report on October 10 and promptly make it available to the public. U.S. voters deserve this information!
Members of the Legislative Council:
Kim Elton (D) Senator_Kim_Elton@legis.state.ak.us 907-465-4947
Bettye Davis (D) Senator_Bettye_Davis@legis.state.ak.us 907-269-0144
Lyda Green (R) Senator_Lyda_Green@legis.state.ak.us 907-376-3370
Lyman Hoffman (D) Senator_Lyman_Hoffman@legis.state.ak.us 907-269-0269 (Not present at the last vote)
Gary Stevens (R) Senator_Gary_Stevens@legis.state.ak.us 907-486-4925
Gary Wilken (R) Senator_Gary_Wilken@legis.state.ak.us 907-451-5501
John Cowdery (R) Senator_John_Cowdery@legis.state.ak.us 907-269-0222 (Not present at the last vote)
John Coghill (R) Rep_John_Coghill@legis.state.ak.us 907-488-5725
Nancy Dahlstrom (R) Rep_Nancy_Dahlstrom@legis.state.ak.us 907-622-3783
Max Gruenberg, Jr. (D) Rep_Max_Gruenberg@legis.state.ak.us 907-269-0123
John Harris (R) Rep_John_Harris@legis.state.ak.us 907-269-0129
Ralph Samuels (R) Rep_Ralph_Samuels@legis.state.ak.us 907-269-0240
Bill Stoltze (R) Rep_Bill_Stoltze@legis.state.ak.us 907-376-4958
Peggy Wilson (R) Rep_Peggy_Wilson@legis.state.ak.us 907-747-4665