In a world of corrupt Republicans, Sarah Palin has apparently made enough of an impression on the G.O.P. that she’s been asked to speak at the Republican National Convention on September 2nd. It looks like a little pesky thing like an ongoing ethics investigation isn’t enough to keep her from being invited to speak on the evening in which “Reform” is the theme. (Is it possible they don’t read political blogs, or newspapers, or surf the internets?) She’ll be slotted in the evening before keynote speaker Rudy Giuliani. Popcorn and irony go so well together.
Here are the speakers for the evening:
- Former New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani
- Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (Ark.)
- Former Gov. Tom Ridge (Pa.)
- Gov. Sarah Palin (Alaska)
- Gov. Jon Huntsman (Utah)
- Rosario Marin, California Secretary of the State and Consumer Services Agency and former Treasurer of the United States
- Former U.S. Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.)
- Gov. Linda Lingle (Hawaii)
- Former Lt. Gov. Michael Steele (Md.)
UPDATE: (After coming up for air after laughing myself silly) McCain has just handed Obama a nice election day gift…the election. This should eliminate all doubt that McCain is capable of making a serious presidential decision. Apparently the creationist beauty queen who is under investigation by the Legislature would be a heartbeat away from the presidency in a McCain administration.